Storage in a Small Kitchen
If you live in a small apartment, as I do, you are always looking for good storage ideas. Here are some excellent storage solutions for a small kitchen. I should know. I use every storage trick listed here.
I thought I had used every nook and cranny of storage in my small kitchen, but low and behold I have found more space. It just goes to show what you can come up with when you live in a small apartment.
- Screw hooks under your cabinets and hang cups and mugs.
- Fasten a magnetic strip on your backsplash and stick all your knives on it.
- Put all your large appliances that you don’t use every day on top of your cabinets.
- Put up a shelf over your door and store your cook books on it.
- If you have space between an appliance and a cabinet, slide in large items like trays or cookie sheets.
- If you have an empty wall, attach a wire grid and equip it with hooks and clip on baskets and accessories.
- Place a couple of large beautiful baskets on top of your refrigerator and store items in them. I even store my pet’s urn , a sort of “cremation memorial services“.
- Mount a towel rack inside a cabinet and slide in your lids.
- Buy a large cutting board and lay it across your sink when you are preparing food.
- Hang often used utensils on S hooks from a tension rod positioned behind your cook top.
- Mount a pot rack on the ceiling near your stove to hang pots and pans so they can be easily reached.
- Store your plastic containers and lids in a large dish pan under the sink.
I have implemented all these ideas and I am still looking for more. My cabinets are already looking much roomier. If you are like me, and live in a small apartment every new idea is appreciated.